After attending a 3-day Genius Network event with some of the top entrepreneurs and speakers in the world, I left with tons of incredible takeaways. I always say you only need “one” big AHA or takeaway to make these “getaways” worth the investment, and this conference in The Copper State had a plethora of ’em to share!
So, let’s peel the curtain back and reveal 10 of my favorite nuggets from this “Genius” event. I’m confident a few of them will really resonate with YOU!
- “Energy and passion without strategy is worthless.”
- “Be made for winter.”
- “Focus on what you want…not what you don’t want.”
- “As an entrepreneur, your vision often gets cloudy. You must step away at least quarterly and get clarity.”
- “Don’t fall in love with your product or service. Fall in love with your customers.”
- “People overestimate what they can do in a year…and underestimate what they can do in 10 years.”
- “Achievement without fulfillment is the ultimate failure.”
- “The key to fast-tracking your success is having a coach.”
There are 8 powerful quotes from Tony Robbins alone right there. But allow me keep sharing because I’m only counting that was as #1.
2. “Get rid of every single person in your life that’s negative. If you don’t enjoy being around them, choose not to spend time with them.”— Niveen Jain
3. “Who do I want to be a hero to? Answer that and maniacally focus on being that. And be willing to give out what’s “good” to “be better.”—Peter Diamandis
4. Joe Polish, founder of Genius Network, had some great quotes throughout the conference:
- “One LIVE meeting is better than a thousand emails.” #Truth
- “Life gives to the givers…and takes from the takers.”
- “The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging it.
5. Randi Zuckerberg (Mark Zuckerberg’s sister who worked at Facebook for many years):
“You should feel like you’re going to puke 1x per month because of what you’re doing.”
6. “In order to have public victories, you need to have a lot more private victories that no one sees.” –Anna David
7. Dave Asprey, Founder and President of Bulletproof Coffee, had a great talk on “Scaling Your Business” with many key takeaways
- “Your company is a representation of your own energy…good or bad. If you feel great,your business will be more apt to be great. If you feel sick, tired, lethargic, or unhealthy, your business is more likely to suck and be unhealthy also.”
- “There are 2 ways to scale your business. Number one, eat right. Number two, have a personal development practice.” #Yes
- “Make your hardware work better to make your software better.”
8. “If it’s not going to matter in 5 years, don’t spend more than 5 minutes on it.”—Jason
9. Verne Harnish did an excellent talk on “Scaling Up” your business and had some great
quotes woven into his presentation.
- “Who are the 6 people who would carry your casket?” Hang out with them more often…NOW!”
- “Always have a BHAG 10-25 years away that keeps you motivated and your dream alive.”
- “What got us here will not get us there.”
- “What do we need to STOP doing because it’s taking too much time, energy, or effort and producing little ROI?”
10. “GIVE BACK MORE. Double the amount you are currently giving and watch what
happens to your life. Giving could mean money, time, or energy.”
There were many people who talked giving back and philanthropy and I resonated with Tony Robbin’s mission to impact people. He is using 100% of the profits of his new book, UNSHAKEABLE, to help feed more than 1 billion people by 2025!
My friends, I hope a few of these powerful quotes, lessons, and nuggets resonated with you and that you were able to get inspired by reading and reflecting on them. While the message is never as powerful as hearing it LIVE, I wanted to at least share some of my key takeaways with you so that maybe you could apply a nugget of wisdom to your life also.
Speaking of “giving,” philanthropy, and IMPACT, I invite all of you to be part of IMPACT WEEK next week (11/13-11/19).
Each year, my Durkin IMPACT Foundation — 501(c)(3) — gives back to families & college-bound student-athletes who are in need by collecting donations during IMPACT WEEK and as part of our IMPACT EVENT.
100% of profits from all ONLINE sales the week of November 13th will go to the IMPACT Foundation, and we’ll be having a live event next Saturday and Sunday (11/18 – 11/19) where all proceeds will go to the foundation; activities include special workouts, community keynotes, raffles, and more. Details HERE.
If you plan to attend, please sign up in advance by contacting us at (858) 271-1171. As always, the more, the merrier.
If you would like to make a direct donation (100% tax deductible), simply write a check to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation & send it on in. We will then get you a receipt to use for tax purposes.
Much light, love, and IMPACT,
If you would like to make a direct donation to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation, you can send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Todd Durkin—IMPACT Foundation
c/o Fitness Quest 10