Is anyone feeling overwhelmed these days? Too busy. Stressed out. Anxious. The holidays. Life. Or all of it. Heck, I’ve had a couple of moments in the last few weeks where I was feeling that heat also. Frustration, anxiousness, angst, and anger were all present. Ughh… I hate that feeling.
Let’s face it, feeling overwhelmed is a common experience nowadays for many, especially during the busy holiday season. In today’s SHOW, I discuss my own personal experiences with feeling overwhelmed and offer tips and strategies for managing and overcoming it. This includes tips for self-care, setting boundaries, and prioritizing your well-being. Additionally, I’ll also discuss the importance of seeking support and finding ways to reframe negative thoughts.
Specifically, here are some specific points in today’s IMPACT SHOW:
- Make a conscious decision to beat overwhelm.
- Recognize and acknowledge when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Don’t let perfectionism hold you back or lead to feelings of overwhelm.
- Set clear boundaries and prioritize your tasks to manage your workload and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Create a to-do list and tackle tasks one at a time.
- Learn to say no and don’t overcommit yourself.
- Take breaks and practice self-care to recharge and manage stress.
- The power of BREATHWORK. Heck, I even lead you through a short “Wim Hof” breathing exercise to reduce any angst, frustration, or overwhelm you may be experiencing right now.
- Get outside, go for a walk, or get in a short workout to clear your head (preferably while listening to the IMPACT SHOW).
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to others to lighten your load.
- Practice mindfulness and focus on the present moment to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if you are struggling to manage overwhelm.
- Remember that it is okay to ask for help and that it is not a sign of weakness.
One key tip in today’s podcast is to identify the source of the overwhelm and take action to address it. This could involve setting goals, journaling, breathwork, or practicing gratitude to help manage negative emotions. Lastly, I want to emphasize the importance of rest and relaxation in managing overwhelm and “stress” the importance of “mellow yellow” time and time OFF.
Ultimately, the goal of today’s IMPACT SHOW is to help you beat overwhelm and live a more balanced and fulfilling life…especially right NOW! By following the strategies and techniques outlined in today’s SHOW, I believe it’s possible to not only manage the emotions and feelings that come with being overwhelmed, I believe we can achieve a higher level of peace, balance, harmony, and happiness in our daily lives.
If you find value in today’s SHOW, please share it on your social media. This will help even more fire-breathing dragons beat the overwhelm this season. Please Be sure to tag me so I can repost on my IG stories.