This episode is mind-blowing. Zion Clark grew up with no legs and was in 8 foster care homes for the first 17 years of his life. During that time, he suffered physical abuse, mental abuse, and starvation. Today, Zion is an elite athlete, actor, musician, and Guinness World Record holder. He also has dreams of making the Paris 2024 Olympics and Paralympics in wrestling and wheelchair racing respectively. He has millions of followers on social media and is on a crusade to change a lot of lives.
In this 6th episode of the “Chasing Greatness” series of the IMPACT Show, I sit down with Zion and we discuss many topics, including:
– Defying Expectations, big dreams, and the “no excuse” mentality.
– How sports and great coaches kept him mentally strong.
– Why he never quit wrestling, despite losing almost every match from 2nd grade to his senior year in high school.
– How his mother Kimberli has inspired him and kept him going.
– How he physically does what he does, despite having no legs.
– His dreams/goals of making the Paris 2024 Olympics & the Paralympics for wrestling & wheelchair racing.
– Why his life’s mission is about completely changing the foster care system.
Zion is one of the most amazing and unique souls you will ever meet. Truly inspirational. You will hear the excitement in his voice when he talks about changing lives, making the world a better place, his drive to be a professional athlete and Olympian, and why he is going to do everything possible to make sure no child has to experience what he did growing up in foster care.
If you love this conversation as much as I enjoyed interviewing Zion, please snap a photo of the cover of the podcast and SHARE this episode on your social media or forward it to a friend, colleague, or family member. It will really help create more IMPACT and GREATNESS.
Please tag us at the following on social media:
Follow Zion Clark on IG:@BigZ97
Zion Unmatched, Amazon Books
ZION, Netflix Documentary/Short
Noteworthy Quotes from this Episode:
“If they’re going to look at you, make sure they remember your name.” ~ Kimberli Hawkins, Zion’s adoptive mother
“You are who you were born to be.” ~ Dr. Sracy Feiner, Psychologist & Coach
“I love to defy expectations.” ~ Zion Clark
“Consider me Jim Thorpe without legs, with the passion of Malcolm X, and the Backbeat of Louis Armstrong.” ~ Zion Clark
“Champions are made when no one is watching.” A sign that hung in the wrestling room at Massillon HS (Gil Donahue, HC; Percy McGhee)
“If your dreams don’t scare you, you aren’t dreaming big enough. I’ve got some scary dreams.” ~ Zion Clark
“Be greater than.” ~ Zion Clark