This one is deep. And it truly comes full circle. It is with a former client whom I’ve trained for years when he was playing college & pro baseball. But in the span of 30 days, Bob Wheatley lost his dream, career, and even girlfriend. As life spiraled downward and he contemplated his true purpose, he went deeper into his faith & values. And now, a few years later, he has not only written a book that is going to IMPACT a lot of people, but he’s also found his true calling to help other men & women discover their deepest divine purpose as well. Heck, my hope is that this episode touches your soul and spirit as it did mine and allows you to THINK & GO DEEP…and restore even more peace, joy, & happiness in your soul.
It is so great to reconnect with Bob Wheatley on today’s SHOW. Despite a standout career as a pitcher at USC and a pro baseball career in the Toronto Blue Jays and St. Louis Cardinals organization, he has gone from Pro Baseball Player to full IMPACT- Player.
Here is what we discuss today…
- The journey to pro baseball…and the dangers of dream-chasing.
- Baseball, Business, and girl all gone…and all within 30 days. WOW.
- How to understand your purpose and reason for existing, regardless of your age.
- Why he wrote the book “Our Hearts Desire…How Our Stories Reveal the Thing We Want Most”, who it’s for, and why you might want to read it.
- What does “Called to ‘Greater’ things” even mean?
- The 3 things needed to achieve catharsis.
- How God sometimes uses pain to shape us, even though none of us like going through pain.
- The battle of flesh and spirit and how to ultimately allow the Spirit to win. ]
- Why Bob has a passion for helping young Christians grow closer to God and experience the love and connection they are missing.
Enjoy today’s IMPACT SHOW podcast. If you believe that someone you know can benefit from listening to today’s SHOW, please share it on your social media as you never know who may need to hear it. Simply take a photo of the episode and share it on your IG stories.
To get Bob’s book “Our Hearts Desire…How Our Stories Reveal The Thing We Want Most” please visit his website: www.bobwheatley.com
Meet Bob Wheatley:
Bob is an author, podcaster, and former professional athlete. He serves as a co-host of That Singles’ Show, a singles ministry sponsored by KCBI Christian Radio in Dallas. Through his work with that Singles’ Show, Bob has worked with bestselling authors, keynote speakers, and world-class musicians, including people like Rory Vaden, Rachel Cruze, Jason Gray, and Christian Huff. His work has also been featured on nationally syndicated radio stations like WAY-FM and THE FISH. As an author and content creator, Bob has a passion for helping young Christians grow closer to God and experience the love and connection they are missing.
After graduating from the University of Southern California, Bob played four years of professional baseball in the Toronto BlueJays and St. Louis Cardinals minor league systems. In his spare time, Bob likes to read, write, hike, and watch sports. He lives in Nashville, TN.
“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” – Matthew 16:24-26