Everywhere you look, people are asking the same question, “What the heck is happening in this crazy world we live in?” Depression and suicide are both on a rise, outrage has replaced reasoned discourse, victimhood is now a virtue, and cynicism in more the norm, instead of the exception. Enter in Marine Corps veteran Captain Jayson Downing who is on a mission to “Reawaken the warrior spirit and what it means to be a warrior in the modern west today.” Drawing on his own experiences in military training and the crucible of combat deployments, Jayson breaks down not only what exactly is going on in the modern West, more importantly, he addresses what we can do about it.
We are blessed to have Jayson on the IMPACT SHOW today. Specifically, here are some of the things we cover on this important topic that needs to be heard:
- A few of Jayson’s top lessons that he learned as a Marine and how he uses them now in the civilian world.
- Why the transition from the military to the civilian world is often frightening and scary.
- Why Jayson wrote his book (that just came out September 5th).
- Who this book is for and what’s the mission behind the book.
- What is the Warrior Spirit…and where did it go?
- How to “Embrace life with strength & power” when you’re getting your tail whopped.
- You talk about “Pray for Peace…Prepare for War.” Talk more about that…
- What would be your recommendations be for young men & women today who not only want and need to survive, but want to lead and thrive in a changed world?
- Why I love the quote, “bleed more in training and die less in war.”
- How to be a modern day Warrior in the times we live in now.
- Jayson’s big hope with this book and why everyone needs to read it and pass it on to a friend or family member.
I’m really proud of Jayson Downing. Not only is he a new author, he completed my “God-Sized Dreams” program a year ago and committed to writing and publishing this book. Additionally, he’s about to become a first-time Dad in just a matter of days with his wife Dr. Carleigh Golightly.
If you would like to purchase his book, you can do so on Amazon or visit his website at www.TheWarriorJournal.com. Additionally, please snap a picture of this episode and tag us on your IG stories.
IG: @ToddDurkin @jaysonmdowning