I’m about to go as DEEP as I’ve ever gone, publicly or privately. But I consider my podcast family, like family. And I appreciate you listening, caring, sharing, and then going and serving. You ready to dive in with me? Here. We. GO!!!
Like many of you, the pandemic nearly broke me. Now listen carefully, it almost BROKE me. While the stuff I’m about to share has been held extremely close to the cuff, God has told me to share it. All of it. Not the good stuff…the UGLY stuff. The tough stuff. The stuff that no one ever gets to know. WHY? Because as I’m being called to serve, save, and inspire more & more people, you need to know that I’ve been THERE. To that place that most people have been, but rarely like to discuss. And think that I’ve never tasted. #False
Today, I discuss it. I share it. And I hope that it in some way inspires you to know that you’re not alone. In today’s episode, I share and discuss:
- Why I’m nervous as heck to share what I’m about to share…and WHY I’m sharing it.
- The TV Show STRONG I did, why I did it, and how it actually instilled a deeper desire to IMPACT even more.
- My 2018 knee surgery and why a knee replacement at age 48.
- 2019. Bored and burnt out of my current day but was ready to “go to another level.”
- 2020. The pandemic hits and I was ALREADY burnt out going into the pandemic. The confusion, uncertainty, and trying times kept me up day and night as I felt in many ways God was using me to keep other people ALIVE during this time. Internally, I was dying.
- My “Get Your Mind Right” book comes out on June 2, 2020, and why that was the “worst” day in the history of the world.
- The “Good News Network” and how going live seven days a week for 91 straight days kept me alive during one of the toughest stretches of my life, despite having days literally two minutes before hitting the button I didn’t know if I could do it.
- Politics and how I regret closing my gym down for as long as I did. My gut told me just to stay open and not be carting EVERYTHING outside every day. #TrainWreck
- My second knee replacement was on December 6, 2020. What happened, why I did it, and what it did to me.
- Bringing Jeff Bristol in with me as a partner at FQ10 so that he could run the shop as my vision to “change the world” got bigger.
- …and six weeks later, my back went out. Like literally broke.
- Five very important life lessons from a year that was the toughest nine-month stretch of my life…and I didn’t even know it was about to get WORSE.
My friends, this was not an easy episode to share or get through. I still to this day shake my head and say, “What the heck happened in 2020?” But upon reflection, I realize that going through all this how much the human mind, body, and soul can literally take before being broken. My hope and intention are that by sharing you don’t wait to the point of being completely broken to do something about it. Sometimes life whoops you…and sometimes you whoop it. That’s all part of what makes it…LIFE. If today you are in a hole, know that you are not alone. I’ve been there. And if today, you are NOT in a hole, enjoy life to the fullest and drink from the cup of gratitude. But if and when you may find yourself down and out, know that I’ve been there and WILL be in the foxhole with you as well.
Thanks for listening. And thank you for sharing. I really want this message to get out there. There are a lot of people hurting. But many feel like they are alone. Or don’t want to share what’s happening on the “inside.” My sole purpose in sharing is to save one. I’m not sure who that ONE is today, but we need to proliferate this world with more good news, more motivation, and more inspiration. And sometimes that comes in the form of knowing “Man, I never knew Todd went through that. I gotta dig myself up and KEEP going. Whatever. It. Takes.” Hope it helps and again, thank you for listening and being part of my Tribe. #WeGotThis
When you share this episode on your social media, with your team or those you love, or in your newsletter, please tag me at:
SHARE & TAG:
#ToddDurkinIMPACTShow #Ep302 #ReInventionSeries
Additionally, please make sure you:
- Please make sure you are subscribed to the Todd Durkin IMPACT SHOW podcast.
- Be a part of my TEXT COMMUNITY. 619.304.2216. Sign up and don’t miss a single text from me. And yes, it is ME on the other side of that.
- After listening to today’s episode, please text me or email me any QUESTIONS you have stemming from the episode.
- Lastly, I have my new 2.0 version of “Dose of Durkin” emails and messages beginning to drop next week. You will get one workout challenge and an inspirational verse or quote every Thursday. If you’re not already, make sure you are SUBSCRIBED to my emails to ensure you get access to these mind, body, and soul tips every week.