I received a great question a few weeks ago from one of our community members who asked, “TD, what leadership lessons would Coach Wolf share with us in a podcast if he were still alive?” Man, I think that’s a great question. So I went out to the lines and answered that question and six others.
Here are the questions for today’s show:
– What’s your go-to workout music these days?
– What’s the most important thing a leader can do for their team?
– Have you ever considered a Mastermind for Faith-development?
– Are you still doing intermittent fasting?
– You often talk about “Tapping into the Whispers.” What’s your favorite whisper you’ve tapped into?
– How do you bring out the “inner athlete” in an adult client that’s never competed?
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it and remember to tag me so I can reciprocate some love.
1:35 – 1. What’s your go-to workout music?
Yang: NF, ACDC, Eminem, Metallica, Drake, Rocky IV,
Yin: Chris Tomlin, Hillsong Worship, Mercy Me, Fleetwood Mac, U2
2:41 – 2. What leadership lesson would Coach Wolf share with us in a podcast?
1. Repetition is the key to success; “Run it again”; 20x per practice; Keep it simple.
2. “When you win…it’s about THEM. When you lose, it’s on YOU.” Make it about THEM, not you.
3. Lead in your community; not just on the football field;
4. God first; God, family, football.
5. Create a coaching tree that will cement your legacy.
You are as good as your coaching staff; think about some of the peeps on the staff; it’s about creating the “coaching tree.” (Coach Calabro, Duddy, Kabu, Signorino, Auriemma, Osborne…into Gialenna, Philippines, Caldes, Kleissler, Zdanwociz, etc. The list goes on and on…); IMPACT is empowering other coaches to be great.
Now, I think for me Jeff Bristol, Jesse Dietrick, King, Pucher, Indiviglia, Watson, Poston, Cogswell, and about 150 coaches in my Mastermind that I pour into all areas…training, leadership, success, faith, life, and relationships…
10:10 – 3. The most important thing a leader can do with their team?
1. Grow them. Teach them regularly;
2. Communicate the mission & vision of the team/company.
3. Show up as the person you want them to be.
14:16 – 4. TD, have you ever considered leading a Mastermind Group for Faith Development?
1. I have thought about making it a part of my coaching groups but haven’t considered a separate group.
2. I have considered doing a LIVE worship service once a month.
16:06 – 5. Are you still Int. Fasting.
No. I haven’t been doing it as much recently.
16:35 – 6. You often talk about “Tapping into the Whispers? What’s your favorite whisper you tapped into??
SLOW DOWN…Simplify…Amplify…“Slow down to speed up”
18:53 – 7. How do you bring out the “inner” athlete” in an adult client that’s never competed?
1. Set Goals…Weight loss, running a 5K, doing a triathlon, hiking a 14K mountain….
2. Find out what motivates them…Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic
3. Set micro-goals every week & hold them accountable. The flesh is weak; the Mind is weak.
25:50 – Special invitation to my Todd Durkin coaching mastermind group.
26:58 – Special message from Ryan Cairney, a fellow fire-breathing dragon!