“Jumping Jack” impacted millions of people. Check out some of his standout accomplishments:
- A sugar addict as a kid, he changed his life at 15 by swearing off flour, most fat, and sugar and concentrating on eating fruits and vegetables.
- He opened the first modern health club in the US in 1936 in Oakland, CA. It was equipped with a gym, juice bar, and health food store. Think about the timing… we were still in the Great Depression… Jack LaLanne was gutsy and bold like no other.
- In 1951, he started his own TV show. This is where he made famous his one-piece jumpsuit zipped open halfway down his chest with “Jack” stitched over his heart. His show was on air for decades.
- At the age of 45, in 1959, he did 1,000 pushups and 1,000 chin-ups in 86 minutes.
- At the age of 70, in 1984, LaLanne shackled and handcuffed himself to tow 70 boats with 70 people 1.5 miles in Long Beach Harbor.
- Up until his death, he did 90 minutes of weightlifting and 30 minutes of swimming everyday. He continued to preach the gospel of exercise, raw vegetables, and clean living.
When I think of Jack LaLanne, I think of my favorite Jack quote: “There are so many health nuts out there who eat nothing but natural foods but they don’t exercise and they look terrible. Then there are other people who exercise like a son-of-a-gun but eat a lot of junk… Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.”
CLICK HERE To See Chef Durkin’s Tribute To Jack!
Here is what I want you to do: choose to exercise today… choose fresh fruits and vegetables… Build your kingdom and live a long, healthy and inspired life. Spread IMPACT!
Thank you Jack for impacting me as a fitness professional and being a role model for so many people on how to live life to the fullest.
His new Todd Durkin Mastermind Institute for personal trainers and fitness professionals starts January 15th, 2011. You can get all the information at www.ToddDurkin.com. His new book, The IMPACT! Body Plan debuted in September 2010 and is a 10 Week program designed to create world-class fitness and life performance. You can sign up for Todd’s FREE award-winning Ezine newsletter, the TD TIMES, at www.FitnessQuest10.com or www.ToddDurkin.com.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEBSITE? You can, as long as you include this complete blurb above with it. If you would like a Word Document of the article sent to you, please email us at email@example.com and let us know and we would be glad to supply it to you.