WOW. It was a whirlwind past 5-days at IDEA World and it all ended yesterday. The “Super Bowl” of all fitness conferences left me feeling equally exhausted, exhilarated and empowered. I’m sure it will take a few days to recover energetically but man is my spirit soaring.
It’s amazing when you are doing what you love to do that you can share all these emotions at the same time.
You hear me talk about the words “passion, purpose, and impact” quite a bit.
Today, I want to hone in on that word PURPOSE.
This year’s keynoter at IDEA World was Mastin Kipp. Mastin has appeared on Super Soul Sunday with Oprah Winfrey and I’ve known him for a few years now. Mastin is doing amazing work in the universe and his purpose is to eliminate trauma in the world.
His entire talk was on the importance of living with deep PURPOSE in your life. I loved it!
Here are 3 key takeaways from Mastin’s keynote on “PURPOSE” that I would like to share with you today…
- “The only difference between people who are thriving financially, spiritually, romantically, and in their health and those who are stuck, stagnated, and missing out on life is possessing a high sense of PURPOSE.” PREACH brother.
- “Fear is a compass guiding your path. Embrace it.” I LOVE THAT!
- “Intentionally reallocate your ENERGY from survival to GROWTH.” BOOM!!
As a matter of fact, Mastin goes on to share 12 common side-effects of living with PURPOSE:
- Financial Abundance
- Setting the example for your children
- Healthy love, romance, and passion
- Higher HDL levels/lower LDL levels
- Lower A1C levels
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved immune function
- Lower risk of heart attack
- Building resilience & heals trauma
- Can add almost a decade to your life
- Improves cognitive functioning
- Enhances emotional regulation
Bottom line is this…it’s critical that we all live our life’s PURPOSE.
The million dollar question is always, “How do I discover my life’s purpose and know that I’m living it?”
I must get asked that question about 10x per month from people.
Here are 7 ways that I would say HOW you can discover your deepest PURPOSE in life:
- You pray that your deepest, divine purpose be revealed to you.
- You identify in your life what gifts you have and which of those brings you the most joy?
- You ask yourself “How can I serve and IMPACT the most number of people?”
- You have the courage to listen to your gut on what you are supposed to do. If you listen to everyone else and try to please everyone, you will end up pleasing no one, including yourself.
- You take imperfect ACTION versus perfect IN-ACTION. Just be sure to be ALL-IN to what you are doing. The only way to know if you are living your life’s purpose is that you are playing at full-throttle in your current role. Your success (or lack of) will lead you to your next step. Be a game-changer WHEREVER you are. And keep taking ACTION.
- When you get knocked down or get off-course, recalibrate and course-correct.
- Keep searching. Whether you are 25-years old or 75-years old, life is a journey and your PURPOSE continually unfolds. WHAT you do today might be different than what you are doing next year. Or even next month. But WHY you are doing it is the important thing. Keep searching for YOUR truth and tapping into what brings you the most happiness and joy. THAT is PURPOSE.
Keep searching for your deepest PURPOSE and asking yourself if you are maximizing your gifts for the benefit of mankind. And most importantly, keep living with PURPOSE to IMPACT the universe in a great way.
Much love…and much PURPOSE.
P.S. Listen to my Podcast with Mastin Kipp on “How to Unlock more Energy, Time, and Love” NOW!!
I previously did a podcast episode with Mastin on time, energy, and love and think you are going to like this one.
Check it out…https://mastinkipp.com/podcast/episode-47/