Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you are ready for a great weekend of enjoying family, food, football, and fun. So much to be GRATEFUL for!
The purpose of this letter is to provide you more information on:
“A DAY OF IMPACT!!!”
A Nationwide Plea to the Health & Fitness Industry
to DO SOMETHING for the victims of SuperStorm Sandy.
WHAT: Host an event, special class, or donate a portion of your revenues for one day and give back.
WHERE: Any city, any club, any parking lot…anywhere!
WHY do this? To help the hundreds of thousands of people devastated by SuperStorm Sandy. All the proceeds will go to the newly formed Durkin IMPACT Foundation, founded upon the heels of this tragedy and to help those most in need. This 501(c)3 non-profit organization will be donating 100% of ALL proceeds directly back to the frontlines of those most affected in NJ & NY. This will be the first of MANY fundraising efforts through the foundation for various causes to positively IMPACT people globally.
WHEN: Anytime between Dec. 1rd -Dec 16th.
Trainers, I need your help. Group exercise instructors, I need your help. Pilates instructors. Massage therapists. Chiropractors. Physical therapists. Strength & conditioning coaches. Yoga instructors. Cross-fitters. Coaches. Fitness enthusiasts. I need your help!
We all call ourselves “LIFE TRANSFORMERS“, right?
Well, now it’s time to STEP-UP and transform some lives. To those that are displaced. To those that have lost their homes. Their cars. Their belongings. Their work place. Thousands and thousands of people are still majorly affected by the devastation that Superstorm Sandy left.
And we have not forgotten about them.
One thing about East Coast people is they are tough. They are resilient. They don’t like to ask for help. They are survivors.
But my fellow health & fitness professionals, they NEED our help. They need YOUR help. And they need it NOW.
NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SOMETHING.
It’s called A Day of IMPACT and I am encouraging you to contribute in some way, regardless of how big or small. In YOUR community. In YOUR city.
Here is my PLEA for the entire health & fitness industry:
I urge you to create in YOUR community what we are calling: “A Day of IMPACT.”
Let me break down what we are going to do at Fitness Quest 10 on Dec. 9th. It is just an example for you to see, gather ideas and begin taking ACTION for YOUR event.
To emphasize, you can choose to do anything you want for your “Day of IMPACT” in your community.
Here is an example of what we are doing:
“DAY OF IMPACT”
Sunday, Dec. 9th
8:30 am–10:30 am; Fitness Quest 10 parking lot.
Boot camp class for all fitness enthusiasts looking for not only a great workout, but also for a way to give back to the Sandy relief efforts.
Who will be there: Fitness enthusiasts, athletes, celebrities, Joes, pros, kids, grandmas, grandpas… you name it!
Cost: $20 suggested donation.
Raffle items: We will have a ton of great items including a TRX Suspension Trainer, RIP Trainer, Fitness Quest 10 services, autographed goods, retail items, etc.
100% of proceeds go directly to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation, which is directly tied to the relief efforts of Superstorm Sandy.
But this is NOT enough.
We need YOU and your community involved. Regardless of how “big” or “small” your business is, or how much experience you have in the fitness field, or your specific niche, we need all fitness professionals involved. We NEED YOU!
It could be your own “Day of IMPACT” at your respective studio. Or health club. Or field. It could be a charity yoga class. A charity workout session. You could donate a portion of one days’ revenues.
And I have even better news. We have some major players in the industry backing this “Day of IMPACT” industry-wide movement.
These organizations have already signed on to help:
TRX is in.
ACE is in.
IDEA is in.
Perform Better is in.
CanFitPro is in.
Cybex is in.
Under Armour is in.
Gatorade is in.
In some way, all of these folks will be helping to promote the events nationwide. Or worldwide. Because you can live anywhere to GIVE BACK. So as long as you are involved, you may even get some extra PR and love out of the deal.
While it would be great for every health or fitness professional to get apparel, nutrition, products, etc. for raffles and giveaways from our sponsors for this event, that will not be possible due to timing and the amount of people that will be involved. But they are going to help market the events as best they can and many have contributed from a financial perspective.
Everyday more and more industry leaders and major business organizations are signing up to help support our movement as a fitness industry. And we need YOU!!!!
Imagine what it would look like if every fitness pro gave something. $50.00. $100. $500.
Or if every business gave something.
Imagine the IMPACT we could create TOGETHER as an INDUSTRY.
And imagine that every single penny raised by every fitness professional or club around the world goes directly back to the Sandy relief efforts.
Well, that’s exactly what’s happening and that’s where it gets BIG. But again, we need you to DO SOMETHING.
This is not a Todd Durkin thing. Or a TRX thing. Or an Under Armour or Gatorade thing. It’s a “YOU” thing. IMAGINE what WE could do together as ONE TEAM.
Fitness Quest 10 raises $1,000 and 100 other trainers and health clubs do the same. That’s $100,000 we raise as an industry. That’s good.
Imagine Fitness Quest 10 raises $1,000 and 1,000 other trainers and health clubs do the same. That’s $1,000,000. ONE MILLION DOLLARS. That’s awesome.
Imagine Fitness Quest 10 raises $10,000 and 1,000 other trainers or health clubs do the same. That’s $10,000,000. TEN MILLION DOLLARS. That’s extraordinary!
EXTRAORDINARY. That’s what we shoot for.
So how do YOU get involved?
1. It’s simple. First, say “YES!! I’m in. I want to DO SOMETHING to help the Sandy relief efforts.”
2. Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you are doing. We will do our best to get your name/studio/club up on the FB Group that we are designing for this event. My team and I are hustling like mad to try and get it all done.
3. Host YOUR OWN “Day of IMPACT” event to raise funds (this could be Boot Camp, a Cross-Fit workout, Pilates, Yoga, you name whatever you would like to do). OR you can take a portion of your revenue from one day and donate it to the cause. This is going to be a MASSIVE health & fitness industry-related IMPACT EVENT going on simultaneously (preferably between December 1-16) to help our brothers and sisters in a time of extreme need. You can technically do your event anytime in December but we are trying to create as much energy around this week as possible. The time is NOW and we need YOU.
4. Start to market it in your community. NOW. Don’t wait for me or anyone else. Take some ownership of what you want to create and then DO IT.
5. Reach out to me on the facebook group we created NJ Trainers Connect or Twitter or Facebook to let me know what’s going on and what you’re doing to create massive IMPACT. And in return, I will help promote you and your business via my channels. And so will many of our sponsors.
NJ Trainers Connect: http://on.fb.me/Tzln6z
My Twitter: ToddDurkin
My FaceBook Like Page: ToddDurkinFQ10
6. CRUSH the event!
7. Collect the money and make your donation to the “Durkin IMPACT Foundation” from what YOU raise on YOUR Day of IMPACT. Once you do that, I will provide you with our 501(c)3 number so you get a tax deduction for 2012. You can send any/all money directly to:
The Durkin IMPACT Foundation
9972 Scripps Ranch Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92131
8. Rest knowing that you made a difference and that 100% of all proceeds are going directly to Sandy relief efforts!
Again, you will host your own event or class but the idea is to streamline our efforts, donate under ONE name, and then see how much IMPACT we can create as an industry to folks in severe need. We now have a measuring stick.
WHAT IF I’M NOT A TRAINER?
Then please pass this information along to your trainer. Or health club. Or gym owner. Or feel free to directly donate yourself.
To those who have already acted, THANK YOU for stepping up. But if you have been looking for a way to help or want to do more, this is your chance. This is the BIG ONE. Together, we will create IMPACT.
Peace and love!
Yours in IMPACT,