A Tribute to Sawman on his 52nd Birthday
Even though our beloved friend, Ken “Sawman” Sawyer is not with us physically anymore, he is definitely looking down on us and I know he’s with us in spirit. Today, on what would have been his 52nd birthday, here are 52 tributes to a man I miss dearly. There is not one SINGLE day that goes by that I don’t think of him. If you knew him or ever met him even once, I’m sure you would feel the same.
1. Do not take yourself too seriously
2. Laugh and Have FUN
3. Your best friends are alongside you “moving”
5. Talk to people and ask how they are doing today?
6. Do not be afraid of what others think about you
7. BE BOLD
8. SHOW UP!
9. Seek to ENCOURAGE and be encouraged
10. When a teammate is down, bring them up!
11. When you are down, EXERCISE
12. Do not spend too much money on clothes – overrated
13. Do not spend money on haircuts – overrated. The Flobe is a great option.
14. Biking saves your knees
15. Do not eat GREEN all the time – it’s overrated
16. SUGAR and FAT are exercise initiators
17 CAFFEINE in Mountain Dew boosts endorphins
18. Write an “in your face” email to motivate a friend
19. Bootcamp Football is a great way to move
20. Bootcamp Football builds camaraderie with your teammates
21. Bootcamp Football is most effective when refereed fairly
22. “Feed off of Todd’s energy, not your cupcake”
23. Believe in YOURSELF
24. Seek to help others
25. Say HI to a stranger
26. Exercise is your best friend when shared with others
27. Do not wash your favorite exercise shirt – overrated
28. Never be afraid to spend time at the back of the pack – the real athletes hang there
29. Hotdogs, Burgers, and chips are not overrated
30. Be grateful for your friends – they are not overrated
31. BE LOUD – on occasion
32. BE PROUD – always
33. TEAMS WIN, individuals fail
34. The BIGGER the GUY – the SLOWER the guy – get over it
35. Fitness Quest 10 is the Magic Kingdom of ALL gyms – even when Todd is gone on travel
36. Fitness Quest 10 is the Magic Kingdom of ALL gyms – even when Todd is there … LOL
37. Never be afraid to drink a root beer in the “roots”
38. At the end of the day TD BOOTCAMP beats BEER, TD FITNESS beats FLAB
39. HUG SOMEBODY
40. CHEST BUMP SOMEBODY. Better yet, booty bump them.
41. “WIN TODAY – WORKOUT tomorrow – no I mean – Workout TODAY – WIN tomorrow – see TODD for proper MANTRA”
42. “BOOTCAMP Cadence and CHANTS are best understood by Todd – but we love them.”
43. Loyalty is what I do!
44. Play – Play – Play – Work hard to play big!
45. Weekly date night with a loved one!
46. “It’s OK to get run over in life.. get up, dust yourself off, and keep going” (Sawman once got run over by an Indy car in the pits)
47. Always be available to help a brother or sister out
48. Adventure and speed are a daily need!
50. Garbage bags are the new rain gear
51. Don’t WAIT!
52. DO BETTER!
We miss you brother SAWMAN! Thanks for the lessons—IMPACT forever!!!!