My friends, it’s a BIG week. It’s SUPER BOWL week.
And the SUPER BOWL crowns a world-champion.
I love that word “CHAMPION.” In some way, shape, or form, we all want to be a champion, don’t we?
Whether it be in sports, or in life, we all strive to fill our potential and be our BEST.
I looked up the word CHAMPION in the dictionary (yes, I said DICTIONARY!) and this is what it said:
1. One that wins first place or first prize in a competition.
2. One that is clearly superior or has the attributes of a winner: a champion at teaching.
3. An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person: a champion of the homeless.
4. One who fights; a warrior.
A WINNER, A DEFENDER, A SUPPORTER, A FIGHTER
You have also heard sayings like this before regarding Champions
- He/she has the heart of a champion.
- To CHAMPION a cause – move it forward, take it to higher levels, suggests ownership, and action with a noble and higher purpose.
- Who are the CHAMPIONS in your LIFE – the somebody or somebodies who are deeply invested in your journey and equally devoted to its manifestations. Who are some of these people: your spouse, certain members of your TEAM, your business manager, your agent? Members of your immediate family, who are they?
Who are the CHAMPIONS in your life and how do you recognize them?
CHAMPIONS are people who are going to be with you no matter what happens.
As we get ready to crown a new CHAMPION this week in Super Bowl 48 in New Jersey, I want you to work on creating your own CHAMPIONSHIP performance this week.
So I wrote down “48” qualities/traits of a CHAMPION that will help you be your BEST:
2. Mentally Tough
3. Overcome Adversity
4. Ability to Adapt
5. Ability to Compartmentalize Life
6. Have Character
7. Are Consistent
8. Demonstrate Courage
9. Always do their BEST
12. Have a GAME FACE
13. “GAMERS”—show up in big-time games
16. Earn Respect and are respected
17. Train & Eat to Win
19. Trust their coaches and Teammates
20. Have a sense of Urgency
21. Value teamwork
22. Study the X and O’s
23. Have a WINNING Attitude
24. They BREATHE
25. They COMPETE
26. They are DEDICATED to their profession
27. Make no Excuses
28. Set GOALS
29. Practice GREAT Habits
30. Are INTELLIGENT
31. Do not like LOSING
32. Play with Pain
35. Perform Under Pressure
36. Never QUIT
39. Have the WILL to WIN
40. Have that X-Factor or the “it” factor
42. Desire to be the BEST
43. Love the pursuit of excellence (the process)
46. Perform under pressure
47. Play ALL-OUT from start to the final whistle
49. Extra Effort
Had to give you the “extra effort” that all CHAMPIONS give. That’s the “AND THE SOME” that makes up the great ones.
Champions are IMPACT players and IMPACT people.
Be a CHAMPION this week in all walks of your life. And make a difference in someone else’s life.
W.O.W. this week is CHAMPION. #LIVEIT!
Much love and much IMPACT!
P.S. For all of my East Coast friends, I will be back in NYC with Under Armour this week “championing” some fitness performance in Grand Central Station for Super Bowl Festivities. Yes, I said Grand Central Station. No joke!
If you are in the area or know someone that would like to partake in some of the festivities, here are 3 things I will be doing:
1. Thursday, Jan 30 at 8 am—Grand Central Station. I will be putting the “Wounded Warriors” through a great Boot Camp workout. Come out and watch the action.
2. Thursday, Jan 30 at 6 pm—Grand Central Station. “TD Boot Camp / IMPACT workout open to the public. 20-25 spots available for anyone that would love a great FREE workout for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Literally. First come, first serve. Hit me up on Twitter @ToddDurkin or email me and let me know if you (or someone you know) wants in (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Saturday, Feb 1st at 5 pm—Grand Central Station. Under Armour Super-Hero Challenge. My “Team IMPACT” (2 guys/2 gals) will be competing against 4 other teams to crown a SUPER BOWL / SUPER-HERO CHAMPION. Going to be a great time and would love to have as many supporters out for “Team IMPACT” as possible. First come, first serve, free event and no tickets are needed. Just show up and be ready to have some fun!