Fitness Quest 10 personal trainer Doug Balzarini performing eight bodyweight training exercises designed to target every major muscle group in the body. To increase resistance Balzarini added a stability ball, resistance tubes and a weighted medicine ball, which are fairly inexpensive purchases at a sporting goods store.
The video includes pointers on correct form and modifications to make the following exercises easier or more challenging.
- Chin up – Targets upper body, specifically the biceps, lats, pectoral muscles and traps.
- Push up – Targets the pectoral muscles, triceps and deltoids as well as the core.
- Plank – Targets the core muscles and the back and shoulders.
- Squat with medicine ball wood chop – The squat targets the lower body, specifically the quadriceps, hips and butt, and the wood chop hits the core muscles, rhomboids and deltoids.
- Torso twist with resistance band – Targets the core muscles, mainly the external and internal obliques.
- Stability ball hamstring curl – Like the name implies, this exercise targets the hamstrings as well as the thighs, hips and butt.
- Burpees – This is plyometric exercise that combines a push up with a jump at the end to get your heart rate racing.
- Modified lunge with shoulder press – The lunge targets the lower body with an overhead press that hits the shoulders, triceps and traps.