1. What are a few of your best habits that allow you to achieve success?
Just as my “WTF” article states, I am maniacally focused on my routine. I live by my list. I have a BIG 5 for life, Big 5 for the year, Big 5 for the week, and Big 5 each day. These 5 things are the most pressing things that need to get worked on. My daily habits of working out, eating clean, prayer time/quiet time, journaling, and surrounding myself with a world-class team that inspire me help me stay laser-focused.
2. I have read your book and love it. I have gone through it several times. Is there anything I can do to make the workouts any shorter if I have less time to complete them now?
Yes, there are a few important things. Spend about 5-10 minutes on the dynamic warm-up, do 1 set of the joint integrity exercises for the day, and you can reduce the number of total sets in the different circuits during the “Regular Season” or “Playoffs” to 2 total sets/rounds. This should help you get those workouts down to about 30-40 minutes if you keep the pace moving quite briskly (30-60 seconds between supersets). Keep creating IMPACT!
3. I am looking to become a better leader in my company? What is your top book on leadership development?
Wow. That’s a great question. I love to read books on leadership and can recommend about 30 to you. But if I had to choose one (or three) here they are:
1. Onward: How Starbucks Fought for Its Life without Losing Its Soul. This is the book on Starbucks and what Schultz did to restore culture back in the legendary brand.
2. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action.
Again, there are a ton of great leadership books. These are just 3 of my top ones amongst many standouts.
Thanks for your questions. I always love the questions you send via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Please continue to send your questions in. While I can’t always get back to all of them, I do my best to get back to as many as possible and always choose 2 or 3 to highlight each month right here in the IMPACT Corner. Thanks!