I love November. There are so many fun and exciting things happening around Fitness Quest 10. To think that November is NEXT WEEK is crazy. Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be here and it will be time for our Annual “Burn the Bird” workout and Turkey Toss.
Every November, I theme November as “IMPACT” month. It’s the month we love to share gratitude and give back.
One of our core values at FQ10 is giving back to our community. Always has been. Always will be.
In 2013, our “IMPACT” grew massively when I formed the Durkin IMPACT Foundation to give back to high-school students going to college and families in need. My Foundation was started due to Hurricane Sandy devastating my hometown back in NJ (Brick) and across the eastern seaboard. (See the history here).
Yes, it took a hurricane for me to start the Foundation that I had been dreaming of for over 5-years.
Today, the Durkin IMPACT Foundation (501-c-3) gives back in many ways. One of the ways we give back is scholarships. We have scholarshiped 30+ high-school students since 2013 and have donated more than $150,000 to kids and families in need.
That is because of people like you who have donated in one of 3 ways:
- Attended a LIVE “IMPACT event” at FQ10 every November or anytime throughout the year.
- Donated a tax-deductible gift to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation at any time throughout the year.
- Participated in a virtual “IMPACT” event/activity/program on-line. These are typically held in November simultaneously with our LIVE events so that people don’t have to be physically present.
Well, it’s almost TIME for even more massive IMPACT as November starts next week…
Here is HOW you can help?
You can help in one of several ways right now to contribute to the Foundation:
We are looking for people to contribute items to one of our fundraisers next month:
- Silent Auction (November 1st – 23rd): We are having a silent auction where items will be displayed at Fitness Quest 10 for people to bid on. These are going to be our “big-ticket items” including trips, timeshares, and anything else valued at approximately $500 or more!
(At this time, we are still gathering ALL items. If you have anything of “value” that you would be willing to donate for our “silent auction”, please let us know and we would love to add it to IMPACT month’s Silent Auction).
We still are accepting wonderful gifts that people could bid on.
- Raffle Items (November 1st – 23rd): We will be selling raffle tickets for $5 each or 10 for $40. We will be raffling off items like local restaurant gift certificates, business services, and Under Armour Swag. These items are usually valued between $20 -$500! (Stay tuned for details).
- Farmers Market (November 23rd from 8:00-11:00 am): We will be having a farmers market where we will be selling baked goods, homemade crafts, bath & beauty products, etc.
- IMPACT Workout & IMPACT Talk Mark your calendars now as the FQ10 team and I will be leading a fun, calorie-crushing workout on Saturday, Nov 23rd at 8:30 am. That will be followed up immediately by an “IMPACT Talk” from yours truly at 10:00 am. All friends and guests are invited to attend that!
- ONLINE Any purchase on the www.ToddDurkin.com store or the www.FitnessQuest10.com store between November 1st – November 14th, 50% of proceeds go directly to the Foundation.
If you have any questions please email Jeff Bristol.
Items for the silent auction or raffle will be needed by November 1st. There will be a signup sheet at the front desk where you can sign up to bring items to the farmers market.
We want to give more than ever this year and we wholeheartedly believe with your help, and support we can make this the most memorable year yet!
Again, 100% of ALL proceeds raised for the Durkin IMPACT Foundation go directly to fund scholarships for deserving graduating high-school students nationwide and to families who have recently faced tragedy and are in need.
Any donations (of any amount) will go directly to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation. 100% of your donation will go to the Foundation to help kids and families in need and your donation is tax-deductible (The Durkin IMPACT Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization).
We will be releasing the full itinerary for IMPACT month on Nov 1st but mark your calendars now. Stay tuned!
Thanks for what you do and I hope you are as excited as I am for what will be an exciting month.
Much love…and much gratitude.
P.S. #1. Remember, if you are not able to participate in any of the live IMPACT events in San Diego, you can still make a tax-deductible donation to the IMPACT Foundation. We will send you a tax-deductible receipt. You can donate at this link!
P.S. #2. If you like a silent-auction item once we post them, you WILL be able to bid on that item via the phone also. More details to come on Nov 1st.