IMPACT. It’s a way of life. And I hope you are creating massive IMPACT in your community.
I want to provide you a final “official” recap of some of the amazing numbers, facts, and stories from our “Day of IMPACT” events held throughout the world for the entire month of December 2012. All the proceeds went to the newly formed Durkin IMPACT Foundation, which was raising money for Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts.
We had over 60 trainers, studios, and health clubs host “Day of IMPACT” events in December and over 2,000 total people worldwide participated or contributed in some way, shape, or form. Together, we raised over $70,000.
So between our “Day of IMPACT” events and the IMPACT Summit held in October, which donated an additional $70,000 to the Brees Dream Foundation (which in turn pledged $1 million in Sandy Relief), we contributed $140,000 directly to the Sandy Relief cause. Now that is IMPACT!
THANK YOU to all who participated in any way.
To see a list of the trainers, studios, and health clubs that participated, CLICK HERE. And there were several “winners” of the “Day of IMPACT” event prizes as well.
Grand Prize Winner: Ashley Selman, Owner of Evolution Trainers (Mountain View, CA)
Ashley and her team hosted a one-day “Pushup Challenge.” She and 25 of her teammates crushed over 11,000 push-ups in less than 24 hours and raised over $35,000!!
Now that is some serious IMPACT!
Ashley and her team are receiving a Brand New CYBEX ARC TRAINER for raising the most amount of money for The Durkin IMPACT Foundation! Thank you Ashley and thank you CYBEX for such a generous donation. That’s IMPACT amplified!!
Check out her video recap of their event: http://bit.ly/11UBhj1
Under Armour Gift Certificates
Under Amour generously donated gift certificates to the top 3 individuals/studios/health clubs that raised the most amount of money and donated to the Durkin IMPACT Foundation. The top 3 winners were:
1st Place–$500 Gift Certificate: Ashley Selman, Evolution Trainers
3rd Place–$100 Gift Certificate: Vito LaFata, Fitness Evolution, LLC (Laguna, CA)
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) Donates 2 Certifications:
Orthopedic Exercise Specialist & Therapeutic Exercise Specialist
2 winners were randomly chosen from the 60 trainers, studios, or health clubs that participated. The winners are:
Dion Welling (Memphis, TN): http://www.teneofitness.com
Beverly Johnson (Elizabethtown, KY): http://www.b-fitpersonaltraining.com/
Congratulations Dion & Beverly!
SHOUT OUT TO ALL SPONSORS
Additionally, I want to say a very special thank you to the following sponsors and people that made our event at Fitness Quest 10 and all those around the country a success: Sponsors included:
• Under Armour
• American Council on Exercise
• Perform Better
And special kudos go to:
- Dan McDonogh, TRX Training, for helping make this event happen. I could not have done it without him. Thanks brother!
- To Randy Hetrick, Founder & President of TRX, for literally flying coast to coast and teaching special “Day of IMPACT” workouts at 24 Hour Fitness and Crunch Fitness in NYC. One of the finest human-beings you will ever meet in your life.
- The TRX team for driving the TRX van down from San Fran and assisting us with our event. And for all the goodies they donated at our actual event. Love these guys!
- The Fitness Quest 10 Team. I have the best team in the world and I’m so grateful for their hard-work. And man, they stepped up big-time with this event like never before. I’m lucky to get to play with them on a daily basis!
- And I thank YOU. Whether it was through a “Day of IMPACT” or some other way you contributed to the cause back East, thank you for DOING SOMETHING. It is times like this that remind us how each of us can make a HUGE IMPACT in helping others. #JerseyStrong
Keep creating IMPACT!
PS: If you know someone that was directly IMPACTED by Hurricane Sandy, please see below for more details on qualifying for funding and application.
Qualification for Funding:
If you know people directly impacted by Hurricane Sandy and would like them to be eligible for funding, there is an application process and criterion to apply. Criterion set by the board of advisors is:
• Loss of home (uninsured or under-insured)
• Loss of personal property, including car or personal belongings
• Loss of business
If you fit within this criterion, you are eligible to apply for funding. Application does not guarantee funding. See all details for APPLICATION https://todddurkin.com/durkin-impact-foundation-application/