One of the most amazing men to ever roam the planet was Jack LaLanne. He’s considered the “Godfather of Fitness” and he has some of the craziest, most extraordinary physical feats you will ever hear in your life.
From the likes of setting a world record of 1,000 pushups & 1,000 pullups in 1 hour and 22 minutes at the age of 45 to at age 70, towing 70 boats with 70 people for 1.5 miles in the water, while swimming handcuffed and shackled.
Yes, read that again.
Needless to say, Jack LaLanne was one of the most inspirational men I ever got the chance to meet. He also had a TV show that lasted over 34 years. He had his own string of gyms. And supplement lines. And even his own “Jack LaLanne Juicer.”
Well, I recently had the honor to visit his lovely 96-year-old bride, Elaine LaLanne, and spend 1.5 days at the LaLanne compound in central California. It was extraordinary. I worked out in his home gym, saw all the iconic awards and original prototypes, and…
I got to interview Elaine LaLanne for this week’s Todd Durkin IMPACT Show podcast on the legend of her late husband Jack LaLanne. She’s witty, she’s sharp, she’s smart, and her energy is going to dazzle you!
This is one for the ages and one of the most special interviews I have EVER done. Let’s go to the home of Elaine LaLanne now and listen to the incredible “LaLa LaLanne” and I talk about so many things including…
- Why receiving the “Jack LaLanne Award” in 2017 was so special.
- Out of all the impressive physical feats Jack did, which one was most special to her?
- Jack LaLanne’s diet and how & why he was so disciplined.
- How did the “Jack LaLanne Juicer” deal come about?
- The Jack LaLanne TV show was on TV for 34 years. What was the best part of all of it?
- Why I loved working out at Jack LaLanne’s gym in Brick, NJ, back in the day and how the “Jack LaLanne’s gym” deal came about.
- Jack’s greatest failures and how he dealt with setbacks.
- Jack’s philosophy on money and his insane work ethic.
- What is Elaine LaLanne’s legacy and what keeps her going so STRONG at soon-to-be 97 years young?
- Why she wrote the book “PRIDE & DISCIPLINE—the Legend of Jack LaLanne” (with Greg Justice/Scriptor Publishing) and how this will be part of her legacy.
- If Jack were alive today, what advice would he give to America?
- Bonus section with Jack LaLanne’s son John LaLanne and how Jack was as a father, how his Dad juggled fatherhood & fitness, and what his Dad thought of John’s “hobbies.”
This is one tremendously inspiring podcast episode. It’s the story of a true HERO and American fitness icon. It’s also the extraordinary story of a woman who walked hand-in-hand with her husband for 51 years and was a “secret weapon” for all those years.
I hope you enjoy the show. Between my workouts up there, seeing how Jack lived and spending time with Elaine and their son, it truly was inspiring and empowering.
Do you remember Jack LaLanne? If so, hop over to my most recent Facebook or Instagram post and drop a comment. I’d love to see how far this hero’s legacy has reached!
ATTN: FIT-Pros, Trainers & Coaches
Are you a trainer, coach, or fitness business owner seeking to make a massive IMPACT in your business & life and you would like to be coached to your full potential?
Are you looking to level-up your business in 2023 and make an even bigger IMPACT in people’s lives?
Are you a trainer, coach, or fit-pro who is constantly pouring into others, yet your “well” runs dry and sometimes you need some more “juice” poured into you?
If so, I invite you to be a part of my Todd Durkin Mastermind for Fit-Pros and surround yourself with the most passionate, purposeful, and IMPACTFUL life-transformers on the planet.
Being a part of the TD Mastermind gives you the opportunity to connect, share, and grow with the fitness industry’s top coaches, trainers, and entrepreneurs on a daily-basis.
The MASTERMIND is for passionate and purpose-driven fitness professionals who are committed to creating success & significance in their personal and professional lives and want to be coached by Todd and surrounded by some of the brightest, sharpest, and most passionate trainers on the planet.
If that sounds like you, visit: ToddDurkinMastermind.com to sign-up for the INSTITUTE Level or email Frank Pucher, Director of Todd Durkin Mastermind, at email@example.com for a FREE CLARITY CALL today.
Join my TD Community for FREE: Simply text me “IMPACT” to (619) 304.2216 and you are on your way to receiving exclusive content and even more motivation & inspiration. Sign-up TODAY!
Please keep your questions coming so I can highlight you on the podcast!!
If you have a burning question and want to be featured on the IMPACT show, go to www.todddurkin.com/podcast, fill out the form, and submit your questions!
Don’t forget that if you want more keys to unlock your potential and propel your success, you can order my book GET YOUR MIND RIGHT at www.todddurkin.com/getyourmindright or anywhere books are sold.
Get Your Mind Right now available on AUDIO:
Want more Motivation and Inspiration? Sign up for my newsletter The TD Times that comes out on the 10th of every month full of great content. Sign-up here… www.todddurkin.com