Could you imagine playing in the NFL for 14-years? Could you imagine only starting 5-games in those 14-years? Meet Chase Daniel. Perennial backup, team guy, and a 1% of the 1% who not only makes the NFL, but has a 10+ year career in the League.
On this episode of the IMPACT SHOW, I sit down with Chase to discuss what greatness means to him, what has helped him achieve and maintain a successful 14-year career as a professional football player in the NFL, his philosophy on preparation, his vital importance in his role as a back-up quarterback, and what keeps him going these days.
This episode of “Chasing Greatness” goes beyond the football field and is full of insight and wisdom about the tools and mindset needed on the journey of chasing greatness, regardless of one’s career, including:
- Preparing like you are the starter, no matter your position or where you are on the depth chart.
- Knowing the importance of your role on the team, and how you can make your teammates and your team better, regardless of the depth chart.
- How to get ready and stay ready so when the opportunity arises, you can make the most of it.
- Why being focused on the PROCESS (vs. just the Product) is super-important to sustained success and greatness.
- How to be “coachable” and make sure your character, work ethic, and attitude contribute positively to a team and its culture.
- What are his biggest motivators today and how that has changed throughout his career.
Listen to this episode as it’s guaranteed to not only give you a different perspective on “carrying the clipboard” for a career versus behind a valuable teammate on a mission to help your organization reach the pinnacle of success.
The bottom line is there is no substitute for hard work. Period. This is true no matter your role and no matter your profession. Hard work is essential to chasing greatness whether you are a CEO, an entrepreneur, a business owner, a coach, or a backup quarterback. You have to work hard in order to achieve greatness. Now LISTEN IN and then go get after it!
I can’t wait for you to listen to today’s SHOW and hear what you have to say about it. If you find value in today’s podcast, please share it on Facebook, IG or text the link to a friend, family member, or colleague who would benefit from hearing it. This will help fulfill our mission to spread positive IMPACT world-wide and make this world a better place to be. Be GREAT today.
Also, please tag and follow me on social media:
Follow and tag Chase Daniel:
Lastly, if you are enjoying our “Chasing Greatness” series, please do the following…
- SHARE this episode and your excitement for this series. Snap a photo of the cover of the podcast or you with your headphones on, post it on your SM, and tag Chase and me.
- Join our #30DaysOfGreatness Challenge. Pick ONE thing you want to be GREAT at over the next 30-days, share it on social media, tag me and let’s LIGHT-UP the universe with YOUR greatness.
Noteworthy Quotes from this Episode:
“Focus on the process and the results will take care of themselves.” ~Chase Daniel
“Nothing is owed to you in this world. You have to earn everything.” ~ Chase Daniel
“It’s not criticism, it’s coaching.” ~ Chase Daniel
“Being coachable means listening and then taking action. Doing what needs to be done to get you to where you want to be.” ~ Todd Durkin
“Don’t worry about the consequences. Play free.” ~ Coach Gary Pinkel
Join the TD Community for FREE
Simply text me “IMPACT” to 619-304-2216 and you are on your way to receiving exclusive content and even more motivation & inspiration. Sign-up TODAY!
Please keep your questions coming so I can highlight you on the podcast!!
If you have a burning question and want to be featured on the IMPACT show, go to www.todddurkin.com/podcast, fill out the form, and submit your questions!
Don’t forget that if you want more keys to unlock your potential and propel your success, you can order my book GET YOUR MIND RIGHT at www.todddurkin.com/getyourmindright or anywhere books are sold.
Get Your Mind Right now available on AUDIO:
Want more Motivation and Inspiration?? Sign up for my newsletter The TD Times that comes out on the 10th of every month full of great content www.todddurkin.com