Fitness Quest 10 would like to introduce nutritionist Heather Fleming to the team. Heather’s personal inspiration toward helping others live a life of feeling well and energized started with a degree in Nutritional Science from the University of Nebraska. She pursued the medical field and eventually turned to holistic and alternative healing. This path of passion lead her to create her company Conscious Nutrition. She loves assisting others in gaining optimal health and believes in starting simple lifestyle changes. Heather doesn’t want others to experience a life with low energy, digestive disturbances, or be in a mental fog. Instead, she would like to help others live a life of great health & vitality.
The Holidays come around every year. Are you going to gain the ten pounds and be irritable or are you going to stay healthy and have a great time?
Grandma’s pie, cookies, and lots of fill in the blank come into our life. Do you find yourself feeling guilty? STOP! When you stress over eating, buying presents, or family the body releases cortisol, a stress hormone when elevated increases BELLY FAT. We can appreciate Santa, but we do not have to look like him.
- Eat a Conscious Breakfast containing high quality protein and healthy fat every morning. For example, 2 poached eggs with lox and sprouted grain bread, 1/4 of an avocado.
- Drink liquids all day except with meals to prevent bloating, heartburn, and poorly digested meals.
- Have a snack of healthy fat or protein before the Holiday party. Such as mixed nuts, vegetables and hummus, goat brie & rice crackers, smoked salmon or deer jerky.
- Add herbal tea & lemon after heavy meals to promote healthier digestion.
- If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, add a high quality Omega-3 supplement before bed. Sleep is very important for longevity, and is the time when your body recovers and repairs.
- Take 5 deep breaths before and after meals.
- If you are partaking in holiday cocktails, monitor your starches, and fruit with that meal or the next meal. Also, have 12 ounces of water after each holiday spirit.
- Most important, have fun! and stay stress-free!
Check out Heather Fleming’s website @ www.consciousnutrition.com and www.fitnessquest10.com