Who else is battling like hell right now? Anyone else facing tough times?
Maybe you’re feeling burnt-out. Or empty. Or your passion has waned. Or your purpose is unclear.
Maybe your health is far from where you want it. Or your training routine is “off” or your nutrition is sub-par from where it needs to be. Or perhaps all of it.
Maybe you are in pain and it’s crushing your training routine. Regardless of whether it’s physical pain or your head-space is leaving you “not even motivated to get motivated,” I am here today to REMIND you today of something you may need to hear.
YOU are an OVERCOMER!!!
YOU have battled hard throughout the pandemic.
YOU are battling hard now.
Many of these battles were silent. You never said anything to anyone. You just kept going and going. And getting the job done as best you could.
Congratulations. You have made it through some difficult times, despite continuing to battle.
But perhaps now you are shot. Energy is drained. Your positivity is slowly withering away.
Before you know it, you feel you need a serious intervention to get back to YOU again.
You feel like you need a “pattern interrupt” or a major kick-in-the-butt to turn the tides and get back on track again.
I am here to help TODAY. It’s called “The OVERCOMER.”
Watch & LISTEN NOW…
Watch my OVERCOMER video now!
Let me share some additional coaching that I know if you commit to doing, you will be an “OVERCOMER” also.
TD’s Top 6 Suggestions to Be an Overcomer
1. Dial in Your Morning Routine.
This is critical. Start with 5-minutes of quiet-time/prayer/meditation/journaling. Work up to 20-minutes most mornings of the week and watch how your spirit & energy will soar. Ideally, this is done BEFORE the sun comes up.
2. Train every day for the next 30 days.
You already know how powerful exercise is for your body and your mind. I love to say, “Motion is lotion…and movement is medicine.” Even when you are working around an injury, do something that will allow your body to move and your mind to GET RIGHT.
My recommendation is to do strength training 3x per week, cardiovascular training 3x per week, and the other days you can do yoga, Pilates, hiking, surfing, or any other “adventure” type activity that will constitute play & movement.
*Note: I recommend taking a pre-workout drink before your workouts that contain 3.2 g of CarnoSyn beta-alanine, caffeine, and Vitamin B’s. This will guarantee that you are maximizing your workouts, yielding best results, and fueling yourself properly
3. Commit to cleaning up your diet and consume high-octane fuel again.
What does this mean to you?
- Reducing/eliminating sugars.
- Reducing/eliminating alcohol.
- More vegetables with every meal (half your plate or bowl of veggies is the target).
- Increase lean proteins in your diet (ie. chicken, fish, meat, or a protein-shake supplement).
- Consume good fats in your diet (ie. Avocado, Fish, nuts).
- Increase water intake. Recommended to consume ½ your bodyweight in fluid ounces.
4. Supplement for Success.
This is the “other 10%” that matters. If you really want to dial in your physical energy, mental focus, and overall vitality and health, you must pay attention to not only what you eat, but what you supplement as well. Here are some of the basics I recommend on a regular basis.
- Multi-vitamin & mineral.
- Greens drink. There are many solid brands but it’s a great way to get in “50+” greens in one drink. I like to put mine in apple or orange juice. If you really want to go rogue, put it in water and consume.
- Pre-workout. Before any workout, you ideally drink a pre-workout that consists of 3.2 grams of CarnoSyn beta-alanine, caffeine, niacin, and Vitamin-B’s. This will guarantee best results for your strength, endurance, focus, and power. Some leading brands for the best pre-workouts include Cellucor’s C4 and GNC’s Beyond
- Raw Lit AF.
- Post-workout. Consume a protein-shake within 30-60 minutes after a tough workout. This could be a whey, collagen, or egg-white protein supplement. Additionally, you could take a post-workout complex that contains creatine, CarnoSyn beta-alanine, and branch-chain amino acids as well.
- Fish oils/EFA’s.
- Melatonin. Sleep is absolutely essential when it comes to recovering and generating the energy you want.
- Melatonin is a natural supplement that can help you fall asleep and get restful sleep throughout the night.
5. Dial in your Evening Routine.
You know how crucial sleep and recovery is to your energy, focus, mindset, performance, productivity, mood, and positivity, correct? I thought so!
While many focus primarily on the morning routine, I want to make sure we emphasize the EVENING routine also as it’s imperative to set yourself up for success the next day.
I use a “3, 2, 1, Routine” that allows me to maximize my night.
3-hours before bed you have your last meal.
2-hours before bed you shut down work (focus is on family time and relaxing)
1-hour before bed you focus on extreme personal care (For me, I stretch for 15-mins, Joov Red-Light Therapy wall for 20-minutes, journaling for 3-mins, read a book, evening meditation/prayers, etc.).
This sets up a great night’s sleep so that I get up early and am ready to have a great morning routine.
6. Do Work that Matters.
Bottom line is that we all want to do work that matters. We want to do work that will somehow make a difference in other people’s lives or create an impact in the world. So let me ask you a few questions…
- What are your passions in life?
- What are your top 3-5 gifts you have?
- What do you love to do on a regular basis that gives you the “juice” you desire?
- How can you marry your passions and gifts with your purpose in life?
- What changes/pivots do you need to make with your business, career, relationships, or self that will help you align your passion & purpose?
Remember, your gifts are unique. The world deserves you at your best. Make the changes necessary that will allow you to perform at your best.
Will it require change? Probably.
Will it be hard? Yes.
Will it be lonely for a short period of time? Yep.
Can you do it? You better BELIEVE it!
You owe it to yourself to do work that matters and ALIGN your “insides” with what you do on the “outside.”
Make it happen!
Final Reminder: YOU are an OVERCOMER!!!
And in order to OVERCOME, you must SHOW-UP.
SHOWING UP as your best, even when you may not be at your best.
Are you there? Can you feel me? Are you at your best?
Get in your workouts.
Create your early-morning routine.
Clean nutrition and supplementation must be dialed in.
Be sure to have good people all around you.
Get dreaming big again and do work that matters.
Ultimately, OVERCOMING is a MINDSET. A mindset to SHOW-UP. From sunrise. To sunset. In every conversation. In every meeting. On every call. Phone. Or ZOOM. SHOW UP.
Everyday. At your Best. Even when you are not. Whatever it takes.
Much love… and much OVERCOMING. #WeGotThis
Follow on Social!
Need to Get Your Mind Right more often?
Opt in to download my 5 Secrets to a Stronger Mindset here: https://todddurkin.com/