Who is looking for more peace, love, and compassion these days? I’ve decided today to focus on some of the greatest game-changers and IMPACT-makers of all-time who have influenced and manifested change in the world. You will see me highlight these people over the next few Thursday episodes.
Today, I am focusing on Martin Luther King, Jr. and his conviction to be a change-maker for civil rights. MLK Jr. stood against racism and spoke for equality and justice. Take a listen to today’s episode as I focus on my favorite quotes by MLK, including an excerpt from his “I Have a Dream” speech.
If you find this episode IMPACTFUL, please share it on your social media. Be sure to tag me at @ToddDurkin.
Top Quotes from MLK Jr.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.”
- “Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.”
- “If you can’t fly, then run; if you can’t run then walk; if you can’t walk then crawl; but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.”
- “A riot is the language of the unheard.”
- “The silence of the good people is more dangerous than the brutality of the bad people.”/ “It’s not the violence of the few that scares me, it’s the silence of the many.
- “Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.”
- “Without justice, there can be no peace.”
- “Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love.”
- “Life’s piano can only produce melodies of brotherhood and sisterhood when it is recognized that the black keys are as basic, necessary and beautiful as the white keys.”
- “Our children need our presence; not our presents.”
- “I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream.”
IF YOU ENJOY THE TODD DURKIN IMPACT SHOW, CAN YOU PLEASE DO A FEW THINGS:
- Give us a 5-star rating on iTunes.
- Provide a great review of what you love about the show.
- Please SHARE the episode on your Social Media or in a newsletter.
Thank you in advance!
WE LOVE YOUR QUESTIONS FOR THE PODCAST!!
To ask a question to Todd for the podcast, please go to www.todddurkin.com/podcast and ask a question on anything on your mind!
→ Instagram & Twitter: @ToddDurkin
→ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ToddDurkinFQ10
→ FB: @ToddDurkinFQ10If you are a fitness pro or trainer and want to be coached by Todd, visit: https://todddurkinmastermind.com/