This episode is going to knock you out. Literally. I have UFC Lightweight World-Champion contender Mike Chandler in the house today talking all things IMPACT.
Specifically, we discuss:
- Why the jump from the face of Bellator to the unknown of the UFC.
- Mike’s eloquent victory speech after knocking out Dan Hooker in 2:30 of the 1st round at UFC 256.
- What’s Dana White really like behind the curtains.
- The best & worst thing about being a UFC fighter.
- 3 pieces of advice from a conversation last Fall.
- The difficulty & rigors of a UFC Fight “training camp.”
- The importance of visualization of your goals.
- What “Get Your Mind Right” means to Mike.
- The meaning behind Mike’s signature “See you at the Top.”
- What’s Next?
Get on your gloves and let’s get ready to rumble as this one is straight fire. There is wisdom. There are lessons. You will truly see the heart of a champion in this episode. No matter what you do, who you are, or your age, this episode will deliver something you can use to GET TO THE TOP!
Please SHARE this episode with your friends, family, and co-workers; it is jam-packed with great wisdom and the mindset of how to be your very best in life.
More on the episode:
:38 – Mike Chandler back at Fitness Quest 10.
1:27 – UFC Debut
2 minutes and 30 seconds – Knock Out!
5:57 – Mike’s Next Fight
Mike shares he wants three fights this year. “I’m not here for a long time, but I am here for a good time.”
7:51 – The Key to Successful Workouts
Mike shares his recovery routine.
9:06 – Todd predicts Mike’s next fight!
Khabib would be the ultimate fight.
14:14 – Face of Bellator goes to UFC premier league; why?
“If you want to get the competition, go get the competition.”
16:50 – Notes from Todd’s Journal after talking with Mike back in Sept. 2020.
#1. Never settle for something if you believe there is another level that you are capable of.
#2. Be willing to risk it all!
#3. See you at the top; it’s all about the climb.
20:32 – Life after the big win beating Dan Hooker.
A new lease on life, coming into my prime.
23:59 – How do you become the best in the world at what you do?
I am showing myself the grace where I need grace.
26:27 – What’s Dana White Really Like
28:57 – Rapid Fire Questions and Live from the Audience.
- The best thing about being a fighter?
- The hardest thing about being a fighter? Wisdom from John Eldrege.
#1. Battle to fight
#2. Adventure to have
#3. Beauty to win
- What scares you most in life?
From the audience:
- Davidpoho94 – Do you ever step in the ring, look at the opponent and Think, “I’m not sure I prepared for it?”
- Rhoop31 – As a more senior guy in the fight game, how has your preparation changed?
- Laura Jones (laurajones_jsf) – What are you reading right now?
- Sparkplugwellness – What is the biggest and best thing your wife does to support your journey?
40:28 – Mike shares his family life
It takes discipline and focus.
42:40 – If there is one thing you could change in the world, what would it be?
45:50 – Mike breaks it down and speaks life into the audience!
About Michael Chandler:
Originally from High Ridge, MO, Michael grew up in a fairly typical blue-collar, hard-working, middle-America household. Michael is the son of a union carpenter and a secretary. The value of hard work was instilled early on by Michael’s parents, and he attributes a lot of his blue-collar work ethic to the example they provided.
Michael currently resides in Nashville, TN, where he and his wife Brie live life on-the-go as they juggle both of their careers, parenthood and running their gym TRAINING CAMP – Nashville. Michael and Brie adopted their son Hap on October 26th, 2017.
Please keep your questions coming so I can highlight you on the podcast!!
If you have a burning question and want to be featured on the IMPACT show, go to www.todddurkin.com/podcast, fill out the form, and submit your questions!
Are you a Trainer, Coach, or Fitness Business Owner seeking to make even more IMPACT?
Are you ready for massive success? Are you ready to be motivated to a level that can finally propel you to achieve what you want/desire? Do you want and need more accountability to help expedite your results?
If so, I want to personally coach you and help you reach your goals and fulfill your dreams. I want to help you IMPACT more people in your community and more people globally. I believe that all people have a life worth telling a story about. And I want to help YOU craft up your best business and life and live your deepest purpose.
The program is called the Todd Durkin Mastermind Group and for the past 13 years, I have been leading and coaching some of the hungriest, most passionate fit-pros on the planet. And now I want to help YOU!
To learn more or enroll, simply visit: www.ToddDurkinMastermind.com.
Don’t forget that if you want more keys to unlock your potential and propel your success, you can order my book GET YOUR MIND RIGHT at www.todddurkin.com/getyourmindright or anywhere books are sold.