I’m honored to present my good-friend and NFL QB great, Drew Brees on an episode called, “A Champion’s Mindset.” I can’t think of anyone better who epitomizes this topic.
Listen now to A Champion’s Mindset…
As you know, Drew is one of the best QBs of all-time. He is entering his 19th year in the NFL and currently holds many records. This includes Career Passing Yards, Career Pass Completions, and Career Completion Percentage, just to name a few.
For the past 16-years, he has returned to San Diego and Fitness Quest 10 to train for the upcoming season.
In this episode, Drew and I unpack the mindset required of any athlete, leader, entrepreneur, or person seeking high-performance. I believe this episode will help anyone with a growth-mindset and yearns to be their best. And it’s guaranteed to GET YOUR MIND RIGHT!
Some of the topics we discuss on this episode include:
- The hardest thing about being in the League now, versus the beginning.
- How he overcame his serious shoulder injury that almost ended his career.
- Drew talks about the importance of mentors and how he uses his lessons from playing in the League to pay it forward.
- Where does a champion’s mindset come from?
- How do you compartmentalize “busy-ness.”
- How do you “get your mind right” when you make a mistake or face adversity.
- The hardest thing about his job that we don’t know about.
- Advice to young athletes, Mom’s & Dad’s and anyone seeking to “Get their mind right.”
- Predictions for the upcoming season.
As a bonus in today’s episode, I want to share something special with you. Drew spoke at my 2019 Annual “Todd Durkin Mastermind Retreat” a few months back. It was a complete surprise to EVERYONE in attendance, as I love always to have a trick up my sleeve.
You should have seen the look on people’s face and heard the standing ovation when Drew walked into the room as a “Surprise” guest speaker. #WOWMoment
Your “And then some” in this episode is a powerful clip of Drew talking about LEGACY and what he, his wife Brittany and family’s legacy is all about. It’s a MUST listen to.
Thanks so much for tuning in and I look forward to getting your feedback!
Much love… and get the CHAMPION’S MINDSET!
P.S. #1. Please write a Review
We shot up the podcast ratings to #277 out of 700,000 podcasts in just one week. I would love to see if you could help us crack the Top 100 this week. The best way YOU can help us with that is:
- Give us a “5-star” rating.
- Write a Review. This REALLY helps big-time!
PS #2. Would you like some Coaching so I can help you even more?
There are a few different ways I can BEST help you:
- NON-trainers/coaches. I have a unique 90-Day IMPACT Coaching Program starting September 16th reserved for just 12 people. I am committed to GO-DEEP on body, mind, and soul and COACH these peeps at an entirely new level.
INFO here on IMPACT Coaching: https://todddurkin.com/impact-coaching/
- 3.5 Day LIVE Mentorship for Fitness Pros/Trainers/Coaches Nov 7-10th…
I only do ONE per year. This year is Nov 7-10th. We have early-bird specials now for a couple more weeks. The 3.5 Day Mentorship is a deep, intensive LIVE event here at Fitness Quest 10 in San Diego on all aspects of business & life. #MustAttend
- TD Mastermind for Fitness Pros/Trainers/Coaches.
If you are a trainer or fitness pro desiring maximum growth and success professionally and personally, I’d love the opportunity to help you. Check out all the information and let me know if any questions.
TD Mastermind Program: https://todddurkinmastermind.com/